About Substitute Orientation
In order to attend Substitute Orientation, you must complete the required documentation and register for the next available orientation.
CLASS DATE REGISTRATION CUT OFF DATE Times July 25th, 2019 July 18, 2019 9:30 am - Noon January 17th, 2020 January 10th, 2020
9:30 am - Noon
Orientation Location Waller ISD Administration Building
2214 Waller Street, Waller, Texas 77484
Steps to become an Approved Substitute
- Applicant must complete the Substitute Application and required paperwork listed on this page.
- Applicant must be fingerprinted (cost is approximately $48.00) and approved for hire after clearance of the Waller ISD Criminal History Background Check.
- Applicant (see exception below) MUST register for and complete the online Substitute Training by doing the following:
- Register online at the Region 4 Substitute Training course. Total cost for this training is $25.00 to be paid by the applicant (will not be reimbursed by the District).
- At the end of the online training session, the applicant will print a Certificate of Completion.
A copy of this must be turned in to the HR Office.
- *EXCEPTION - Applicant with valid teaching certificate who has taught a minimum of 2 years within the last 5 years.
- Applicants MUST register to attend a District Orientation Meeting by contacting Human Resources at 936-931-0397.
- Once this process is complete, you will receive a Welcome Letter with login instructions for Aesop, which is the Automated Sub-Finder System for the District.
Please come by Human Resources (2214 Waller Street, Waller,TX 77484) to pick up the packet of required new hire paperwork. We will also need original documents of proof for highest level of education and documents for working in the United States (e.g. Social Security Card, Driver's license, etc.).
Failure to comply with these requirements will affect your employment.