About Substitute Orientation
Date Time Location August 18, 2022 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. 2214 Waller St., Waller, TX 77484 Administration Building January 11, 2023 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. 2214 Waller St., Waller, TX 77484 Administration Building
Steps to become an Approved Substitute
- Register for the Orientation by emailing Rena Pelot at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The applicant must complete the Substitute Application.
- The applicant must be fingerprinted (cost is approximately $48.00) and approved for hire after clearance of the Waller ISD Criminal History Background Check. The applicant will receive an email from Identigo to schedule the appointment.
- Once the fingerprints/background have been completed the applicant will receive onboarding through TalentEd. When these documents have been completed and signed, the applicant will need to contact Rena Pelot @ email@example.com or 936-931-0361 to schedule an appointment to visit HR.
- Applicant (see exception below) MUST register for and complete the online Substitute Training by doing the following:
- Register online at the Region 4 Substitute Training course (Click here for instructions on registration). The total cost for this training is $35.00 to be paid by the applicant (which will not be reimbursed by the District).
- At the end of the online training session, the applicant will print a Certificate of Completion.
A copy of this must be turned in to the HR Office.
- *EXCEPTION - Applicant with valid teaching certificate who has taught a minimum of 2 years within the last 5 years.
- Required documents to be a Substitute are; Driver's License, Social Security Card, and Highest Level of Education (Originals).
- The applicant will also receive an email to set up an account with Frontline/Absence Management. Click here for instructions on setting up an account.