About Substitute Orientation
Date Time Location August 21, 2023 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Waller High School 31213 Waller Spring Creek, Waller, Tx 77484
Steps to become an Approved Substitute
- The applicant must complete the Substitute Application.
- The applicant must be fingerprinted (cost is approximately $50.00) and approved for hire after clearance of the Waller ISD Criminal History Background Check. The applicant will receive an email from Identigo to schedule the appointment. Please check your email and SPAM folder.
- Once the fingerprints/background have been completed the applicant will receive onboarding through TalentEd. When these documents have been completed and signed, the applicant will need to contact Marlen Padilla at email@example.com or 936-931-0361 to schedule an appointment to visit HR.
- Applicant (see exception below) MUST register for and complete the online Substitute Training Certification. (Instructions will be emailed to you)
- The total cost for this training is $50.00 to be paid by the applicant (which will not be reimbursed by the District).
- At the end of the online training session, the applicant will print a Certificate of Completion.
A copy of this must be turned in to the HR Office.
- *EXCEPTION - Applicant with a valid teaching certificate who has taught a minimum of 2 years within the last 5 years.
- Required documents to be a Substitute are; Driver's License, Social Security Card, and Highest Level of Education (Originals).
- The applicant will also receive an email to set up an account with Frontline/Absence Management.
The purpose of the Substitute Handbook is to provide you with the information needed to ensure continuity in the instructional program when our staff is absent from their classrooms. The Handbook aims to answer questions you may have and assist you with information you need to have a successful experience as a substitute. You can read the Substitute Handbook here.
Campus steps to request a Long Term Sub as a Temporary Employee (Internal Process Only)
- Log into Eduphoria
- Click on "Helpdesk" (far right corner)
- Go to "Create a New Request" (far left corner)
- Under technology services, click on "Temporary Assignments"
- Complete the required fields and submit
This form will notify Human Resources, Technology, Payroll, and PEIMS. The importance of this process is to ensure the temporary employee receives access to email, a device, and Skyward for student reporting.
Once a long term subsitute is scheduled, if there is ever a reason the principal needs to request an override in pay, the Substitute Pay Override form must be submitted for the request.