Do you know which school your child is zoned to attend? You must reside in the Waller ISD boundaries for school bus transportation services. Call 936.372.2116 and have your home address handy!
We hire the best quality drivers and train them to safely transport your child to and from school.
Read our Transportation Safety information for safety rules and guidelines for bus transportation, bike riders, and walkers. The students of Waller ISD are our priority. Thank you for caring about your child's safety!
Here are some basic rules and guidelines for you to teach your children about traveling to and from school.
Safety rules for children who ride the bus:
- Arrive at the bus stop 10 minutes before the bus scheduled arrival time. Children who arrive late may run after the bus and be injured.
- Stand back from the curb while waiting for the bus.
- Don’t play near the road.
- Find a seat and sit down as quickly as possible.
- Sit facing forward. This way the bus seats can do their job and protect you during sudden stops.
When the bus is moving, stay in your seat. Waller ISD follows state guidelines which state students should be assigned a seat on the bus.
- Waller ISD will not leave a student who is age 9 and under at a bus stop on the afternoon school bus route unless a parent or guardian is there to receive them.
- Don’t eat or drink on the bus. While this rule does help keep the bus clean, the main reason for it is to prevent choking if the bus stops suddenly or hits a bump.
- Keep your body inside the bus.
- Only cross in front of the bus when you can see the driver’s face and signal.
- Never walk behind the bus. Drivers cannot see pedestrians crossing behind the bus.
- Don’t reach under the bus to retrieve something. Keep all your belongings secure so they don’t end up under the bus.