Notice: ESSA Consolidated Federal Grant Application
Waller Independent School District (WISD) will apply for funds through the ESSA Consolidated Federal Grant Application for federal funds under the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) for the 2023-2024 school year. The programs for which the district will apply are:
- Perkins V - Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century
- Title I, Part A - Improving Basic Programs
- Title II, Part A - Supporting Effective Instruction
- Title III, Part A - English Language Acquisition (ELA)
- Title IV, Part A - (SSAEP) – Well-Rounded Education, School Conditions, & Technology
These federally funded programs, which include programming for both public and private schools, are made available to local education agencies (public school districts) through a consolidated application process. The programs provide supplemental instructional activities and professional development. The local education agency is responsible for the administrative oversight of the ESSA program(s) in the private nonprofit school.